365 Days of Macy

welcome

A photo for each day of Macy's first year of life...

Day 341 - Fairies & Funny Mirrors













Today was Fun Friday! We had a photo session that included 6 little cousins, all 8 and under. It was fun, but very very hot! After the session, I took the kiddos to the mall. I told Andrew that instead of spending the $8 at the museum we decided not to go to, that he could buy one thing at the mall. He picked a stuffed puppy, of course. He loves his stuffed animals and especially dogs. :) He was very good as we strolled through the mall, window shopping and talking. Then we went to the playground in the mall and he and Macy played their little hearts out. Macy could climb up and down and all around those floor toys just like the bigger kids, it was too funny. Then we saw a lot of kids carrying balloons from the Nordstrom store, so we headed that way for our free balloons. Macy loved hers :) Near the dressing rooms at Nordstrom, they have fun house mirrors, so Andrew and I had a silly time playing in front of those. He thought it was hilarious how he turned so short and then soooo tall in the next mirror :)

Came home, and relaxed with Miguel....had some chocolate chip cookies!....and Macy stayed awake for the majority of the day, only napping briefly in the stroller in the mall. She was SO good, too, despite not having her 6 hour nap! haha

Oh, and the picture of Macy sitting in the stroller with her hand up by her head - that was her scared face when the hand dryer came on in the restroom! It scared her so bad, but of course I had to get a picture of it :)

One more thing - that has to do with the title! I had gotten Andrew a treat for his zhu-zhu pet that he had been trying to save for(he helps with chores during the week that he earns an allowance or treats for doing).... But I told Miguel I wasn't sure when I would give it to him, as we like to hold onto things for him for doing well in school, acting good for me during the week, etc.... But Miguel came up with the story of the "Fun Friday Fairy", who would come and visit our house when we were out doing our Fun Friday things, and that it would leave Andrew something special in the bathroom/toilet/shower area. After we talked, we decided that "the fairy" would put it somewhere that started with an F. But then Andrew woke up (we told him of the fairy last night), and went straight for the shower, thinking the fairy was visiting overnight.... So anyway, we left for the session/mall/etc., and "the fairy" forgot to leave the gift! So as soon as we pulled in the driveway from our day out, I had Andrew go get our mail, and I ran in and made sure the fairy did its job. Andrew had completely forgotten about the fairy, so I had to remind him. He got up and ran into the bathroom and looked in his shower, to find his zhu zhu pet accessory. He was SO excited. During our trip out, he told me, "mom? nevermind. I don't want to say anything, because what if he doesn't come if I say this? But I don't think it's real, the fairy I mean." I told him we'd have to wait and see. :) I just hope he doesn't expect the Fun Friday Fairy to come every week! Otherwise we'll have to start doing Fun Friday on different days, so the Fun Friday fairy won't be able to make it. haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment