365 Days of Macy

welcome

A photo for each day of Macy's first year of life...

Day 334 - Running in the Rain & Staying Cool





Today we had Cason & Mia over and once they both left, Gina (Mia's mom) offered to watch Andrew & Macy while I went grocery shopping. So of course I took her up on the offer. Had to wake Macy up since she was in the middle of her marathon sleeping, but she did fine staying there with them for the hour or so that I was gone.

When I left Wal-Mart, however, it started pouring down rain... I had no umbrella, and no time to sit and wait it out (this wasn't even a rain you could wait out, as it lasted well into the evening), so I just made a run for it to the car. I was drenched. But lucky for me, I had no kids to worry about stuffing inside the car, so I was able to get my bags and myself in the car in record time. :) Getting Macy inside the car from Gina's was fun.... Gina let me use a raincoat to throw over Macy and the whole time I was running to the car, I could hear Macy giggling under the raincoat - guess she thought it was fun :)

Once I got home, I got the kids out and while Andrew was a goofball and played in the rain, I set Macy down in the garage while I unloaded all of the groceries. I guess she missed me or something, while I was gone, because she didn't want me out of her sight, and everytime I'd run back to the car, she'd start crying. I tried to snap a pic of her tears on my cell phone... poor girl :)

After drying us all off and getting Andrew in the shower, I started putting the cold groceries away, so I had the freezer and fridge open as I was doing so. I guess Macy thinks the 80 that I have our a/c turned to, is just too hot, because she crawled right over, climbed inside the fridge, and stood there playing with the juice boxes. And everytime I'd pull her out of the fridge and set her in the living room with all of her toys, she'd crawl right back over and climb back in. Okay, so maybe she just wanted a juice box, who knows. haha I was glad my camera was on the counter behind me, quick enough to grab so I could get a picture of the little booger before she fell out onto the tile (which she never did because I grabbed her and shut the door before she could climb back in).

Oh, to say I have my hands full with this one is an understatement. :) She'll have me on my toes, that's for sure!! (speaking of being on toes, she's taken more steps toward me tonight!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment