365 Days of Macy

welcome

A photo for each day of Macy's first year of life...

Day 201 - Discovering the Tile





Macy is discovering more each day that there are lots of places for her to scoot around in our house...not just the living room floor anymore! She's scooted into the kitchen at times when I'm cleaning up, fixing a bottle, etc... she'll be right behind me on the tile, just smiling up at me with that "I found something new" smile :) But now that she's trying to sit herself up from her belly, onto her bottom, we have to watch her very carefully, because sometimes she topples over and she's likely to hit her head on that hard tile floor. We're just constantly teaching her redirection - turning her the opposite way, toward something fun on the carpet, so that we can avoid that first bruise on her noggin. :)

And because I'm venturing into some different photography areas (birth photography being my newest to venture into), I thought I'd better sharpen up on my extended flash photography skills. It's a wonder what a camera can do without using the on-camera flash - but it's also very expensive, because you have to have really good lenses (which I cannot afford!)... But when you're able to get an extended flash for the top (or to use off camera) of the camera, and a diffuser, and use it right - the pictures look GREAT. No shiny faces like an on-camera gives, no harsh shadows behind the subject. I love it. And it's going to come in very handy for any indoor shoots that I may have :) Just had to share! (because the pics you will now see from here on out will probably have much better lighting to them!)

That is all. Canton with Macy & my sister(s) tomorrow! And my mom & dad too, if they decide to come!! Can't wait to get away for a day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment